<VV> Clarification - Powerglide service

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Tue Sep 4 11:01:01 EDT 2012

Anyway - since I posted to VV, it seems  right that you should as well.

Later, JR
Subject: Re: <VV> Powerglide service

JR

He has the PG transaxle out. He wanted to know if there was anything  else
to check. He was replacing the Torque Converter and pulling the pan. He
said the fluid looked gray but not burnt smelling. My suggestion was to open
up the diff to see if the ATF and the Gear lube in the diff were
"co-mingling". (Although they shouldn't do that, it has  happened) I also added that
the diff oil could be checked  by pulling the dipstick out and looking at the
fluid - on the dipstick. PG  cars in 64-65 also have a diff dipstick. If no
dipstick, pulling the top cover  off would allow inspection. No Mystery! -
Seth