<VV> Clutch cross shaft wear

Jay Pitchford jay.pitchford at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 07:52:11 EDT 2012

<snip>
" ... something in my clutch cross shaft wears out and the stud gets
sloppy at the right end (passenger end) so that going into reverse,
the cross shaft wiggles back and forth and the clutch engages very
jerkily."

I have a similar issue, but it will sometimes occur letting out the
clutch in first gear too. Could these both be caused by clutch cross
shaft wear? The shuddering and occasional groaning noise started to
occur after installing a new six-puck ceramic clutch, during which I
also replaced the throw-out and pilot bearings.

Additional info: the Dale bolted flywheel was fine, as was the
pressure plate. The old clutch was in excellent shape, but was ruined
by a fluid leak into the bellhousing. I'd appreciate any
thoughts/ideas.

Jay Pitchford
65 Corsa Vert 140-4
Columbus OH