<VV> [fastvair] Re: Next Year (Corvair Olympics)

Rick Norris ricknorris at suddenlink.net
Thu Sep 6 09:59:03 EDT 2012

  Well,
  I certainly have been known to "shoot my load" as Bob Marlow so delicately put it.
  I've also "Blown my wad" as pertains to cash. Grin!
  At this time I plan to run next years Mitty but, that all depends on a lot of variables. I have done all the Oilympics and they were a blast.
  Also I have run the Carolina Motorsports Park track several times and I like it. As Bob Coffin said it would be a less expensive track to rent.
  There are plenty of places to stay and eat in Camden SC, just down the road ( less than 20 miles) from the track.
  Also I plan to do the 2013 convention in K-zoo so money will be a concern as usual.

  Rick Norris
  #36 Sunoco Corvair
  www.corvairalley.com

  Bob makes a good point.  If the Mitty draws away many of our well know track guys  we could have a finacial disaster no matter what the location of the Olympics.

  -

  Brian O'Neill suggested NC, Terry Kalp suggested Indy or Tulsa. I'd
  like to suggest St Louis, specifically, Gateway Motorsports Park, which
  offers both a road course and drag strip.

  Certainly a consideration is the location of the CORSA convention.
  Prior "Olympics" have taken place when the convention has been out west,
  but in 2013 the convention will be in Kalamazoo, 200 miles from Indy,
  400 miles from St Louis. Despite the different nature of the convention
  and the Olympics, in this weak economy might they "cannibalize" one another?

  Are the racers going to shoot their load again at the Mitty in 2013?

  --Bob Marlow