<VV> how many miles do you drive your Corvair a year and on one trip?

shortle shortle556 at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 17 19:57:25 EDT 2012

Hi Lon,
I know you drive your Corvairs. I know you drive them near and far without fear. That is nothing new. As far as being afraid, I believe some fear being broke down in a strange and far away place without qualified help being available. Or being unable to locate parts but we both know parts are still plentiful and available with all the vendors. Whenever I drive to a far away place I carry my Corsa Roster. I also maintain my cars fairly well but still have had problems. My last breakdown that I had to call someone was a failed fuel pump in Flagstaff AZ. In the Roster was Dick Downey who came to my rescue IN WINTERTIME with a good used fuel pump. Here was a gentleman in his seventies that wanted to do the work on my car at night in about 30 degree weather. Corvair people are one reason I have less fear when I am going on a trip.
Timothy Shortle in Durango Colorado 81301
Corvair schedule this year: Oklahoma in 2.5 weeks and Palm Springs the last weekend of October
Will be driving my 1964 Corvan Camper to both events (about 760 miles 1 way to each)