<VV> Fw: Exhaust port tube fit to manifold

J R Read hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 18 01:46:57 EDT 2012

I call it torque by hammer!  But, I'd call it HARD tap - not enough to put a
crack in the manifold - but at least enough to seat the gaskets well.
Hammer on the thick spots and tighten the nuts as you go - the torquing
part.  Do it 3 or 4 times, till the nuts do not turn anymore.  I prefer the
ones with the outer soft metal ring, but any work fine - just use all the
same type.

Later, JR