<VV> how many miles do you drive your Corvair a year and on one trip?

shortle shortle556 at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 18 11:06:31 EDT 2012

Harry, I am paranoid also. Like others here, I have 1 heck of an imagination. Usually when I am furthest away I can imagine lots of things happening to my Corvair. As far as:
Harmonic balancer= Replace it and be done. (I have carried a spare on long trips as well as the minimal tools to change it).Fuel pump=Replace it and (now) I carry a spare along with the needed tools. Rear bearings= Service them occasionally. I have carried a spare yoke with bolt but should probably carry a spare axle on my FCs and earlies. Blower bearings= Lube it, replace it, etc. And 1 other thing I am equipped with other than my AAA card, Mastercard, Corsa Roster, and cell phone is I can call "home" and have my guys ship me just about anything I may need to be back on the road.
Timothy Shortle in Durango Colorado 81301