<VV> how many miles do you drive your Corvair a year and on

Doug Mackintosh dougmackintosh at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 19 00:00:46 EDT 2012

Frank DuVal's reply reminded me that besides my daily driver, my daughter also drives a Corvair (1964 Spyder Convertible) as a daily driver. Since we rebuilt it together 11.5 years ago, she has put 110,150 miles on it, which is an average of 9578 per year. That despite having spent the last 2 years (working on her third) at Yale Divinity school, leaving her car with me. She drives over 100 miles at the drop of a hat. Doesn't always get her there without trouble, but so far the CORSA roster and help summoned from Virtual Vairs has sufficed to get her where she was headed!

-- Doug Mackintosh
Corsa member since 1996
Corsa/NC member since 1996, Virtual Vairs member
Corvair owner 1969-1971 and 1996-on