<VV> Transmission problems - powerglide AND manual - looking for advice

Kinzelman, Andy akinzelm at greatnortherncorp.com
Sun Sep 23 08:58:07 EDT 2012

Guys,
4 speed problem:  A friend and I are both having the same problem on out 65 4 speed transmissions.  Sometimes (not always) when in neutral, as the clutch is released it sounds and feels like the gears are trying to engage; and the car creeping forward.  My guess is a problem in the trans - any ideas?

Powerglide problem:  I helped another friend pull his powerpack for some work.  Pulling the governor - much of the driven gear is broken off; with some pieces visible inside by the drive gear.  Any idea how to remove these visible parts; or where any other pieces may have migrated to?  We really don't have the time or talent to disassemble the trans; hopefully we don't need to.

Thanks,
Andy K.
Wisconsin