<VV> Windshield install on late model coupe

Harry Yarnell hyarnell1 at earthlink.net
Sun Sep 23 13:02:42 EDT 2012

I've just used the black ribbon, but applied the ribbon to the pinchweld,
not the glass. Make sure you get the right thickness ribbon.
If I recall, newer windshields are thinner than origional, so take that into
account.
I usually pre-set the windshield onto the pinchweld (no ribbon), and apply
two strips of masking tape on either side of the bottom of the glass,
extending onto the metal filler panel, then slit the tape between the glass
and filler. This acts as a guide when you install the glass; You don't get
any chance of realignment once you place the glass on the ribbon.
Don't forget the two little rubber blocks in the lower channel. These
prevent the glass from slipping downward when it gets hot.