<VV> Non Metallic Cam Gear? Yes Really!

Mark Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 23:34:04 EDT 2012

OK all, I have mentioned that years ago my corvair came to a coasting stop
because the cam gear had come apart. It had a metal inner hub, but not
metal teeth, presumable to make it quieter. It lasted to about 122K miles.
I ended up overhauling the engine, bearings, cam, gear, lifters, and a
valve job, plus new rings on std cylinders and pistons. Drove it another
100k miles, and sold it.

I was flat told by several educated Corvair enthusiasts that I was in
error.

I was told they did not exist. I know what I saw, and Chevy was
experimenting with these.

Here is a NOS one for sale on EBAY. Enjoy.

150909013301

Mark Durham