<VV> Cave car question

judynrandy at comcast.net judynrandy at comcast.net
Tue Sep 25 23:26:46 EDT 2012

I've been told that you can bolt on a set of 102 heads to a '60 80 hp.  The obvious advantage is the dual valve springs and better valves. (Thanks Tony!)

My question is this:  If I then swap on a set of '65 & up carbs, and add the '64 & up style air cleaner setup,  will this setup fit  in the '60 engine  bay and clear the hood ok?  It seems like it should be a straightforward swap, but.............    inquiring minds want to know.

   Also, it looks like the only modification would be to drill a couple holes in the turkey roaster for the 102 choke rods to fit thru.  Lastly,  are there any  other pitfalls  or problems with this swap? Thanks in advance.

Randy (Cap'n) Hook

'60  700 4dr. 80/ soon-to-be 4spd.

'63 ragtop 110/pg