<VV> starts and dies

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Sat Sep 29 02:30:00 EDT 2012

Bypass the ignition key circuit for a test. Just clip a wire from the
Positive (+) side of the battery to the small connector on the coil  -opposite
the one that the small wire from the distributor clips onto. Try  to start
it. If it starts and stays running - you now know where the  problem is!
Disconnect the jumper - that will stop the motor - and start  backwards through
the circuit from that coil connection, with the key on. You  are looking for
a voltage feed - eventually you will find it. This is a good  situation for
a test light, with a feed probe that you can slide into connectors  to look
for voltage. With the light grounded, the probe hitting voltage will  turn
on the light. It is easier to use than a volt meter. You may need to  trace
back to the ignition switch under the dash. Read that diagram! It is  likely
some corrosion in a push-together connector. Hey - it is almost 50 years
old!  - Seth Emerson

In a message dated 9/28/2012 9:26:13 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,