<VV> Starts and dies2

shortle shortle556 at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 29 13:05:10 EDT 2012

Just had the same (similar) issue on my '66 Monza 4 door. It would start immediately while cranking but would not stay running. I checked for voltage at the "positive" coil wire (yellow wire) and it only had power while cranking. I did what Seth suggested (hotwire the car) and car then stayed running. Upon further inspection, I found where some critter had chewed thru some wires above the left hand heater hose.
Timothy Shortle in Durango Colorado 81301