<VV> Engine code XXZ?

Dale Dewald dkdewald at pasty.net
Sun Sep 30 21:53:28 EDT 2012

At 04:26 9/30/2012 -0400, peter koehler wrote:
>The engine in my newest project Vair has a code of XXZ. It
>looks like a 164 service block for car or truck (or
>Lakewood) use. Any ideas?? - Caveman Pete

Hello Pete,

According to the table on page 25 of Bob Helt's book, the XXZ code is for a
95/110hp, MT/PG service replacement engine, as in crate motor.  As I
understand it, a service replacement block (a bare block) was shipped with
no stamped code.  A mechanic may or may not (usually not) have stamped the
code of the engine he was rebuilding into the replacement block.

Dale Dewald
Hancock, MI