<VV> Extremely SMALL NON MAG STUFF

Joel McGregor joel at joelsplace.com
Tue Apr 2 17:36:08 EDT 2013

A lot of motorcycles just use screens.  They call them filters, they are round and pleated but they are a metal screen.  You just rinse them out and put them back in.  My '87 TW200 uses a screen and my '09 WR250F uses the same thing but with paper filter media in place of the screen.  No magnets that I know of but the WR uses a screen in it's oil tank that you clean during oil changes.  Of course most high performance engines like that will never see 5000 miles.  Early small block Chevys didn't have an oil filter.
Joel McGregor