<VV> the power of observation

Mark Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 18:45:06 EDT 2013

http://www.trasko-usa.com/about/about.htm

All, If you want to read about a simple bypass filter that fits a standard
oil filter pad, not the old corvair style, here is one. I used one of these
on my PT cruiser for 2 years with great results in conjunction with full
synthetic oil. It did indeed keep the oil clean for the full 5000 miles. It
bypasses most of the oil thru a 20 micron screen and says it takes 45 min
of driving for all the oil to go thru the paper filter once.

You change out a paper filter element every 5K miles and clean the housing
and 20 micron screen.  Each element was about $10 apiece. The unit was
about $120.00.

I quit using it because I do not have a parts cleaning solvent machine and
it was more trouble (messy) than it was worth. Now I just use a good
quality Wix filter on my cars.

But, for those who have a parts cleaner, its a good concept.

Mark Durham