<VV> The value of originality

aeroned at aol.com aeroned at aol.com
Wed Apr 3 23:06:23 EDT 2013

I'm sure this discussion has come up many time in the past, but now I actually have a part in the "fight."

I'm selling a very original 66 Monza that's in pretty good shape. The interior and engine are perfect. The engine has been rebuilt. The exterior has a few dings and chipping paint but still looks very good, there's no rust that I can see.

Now here's the discussion part. People tell me that the car is worth more in it's current condition than it would be with the body touched up and a nice modern paint job. Well, how much? How much more is it worth in the "original" condition?

Just trying to liven things up a little...
Ned