<VV> 3rd Gen Corvair

Ramon Rodriguez III corvairgrymm at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 19:59:10 EDT 2013

I for one am very happy that GM never built a third gen Corvair, and would
not wish to change it.  I'm often in the minority here, but I think that
when it comes to something I love as much as the Corvair it's best to leave
well enough alone.  The cars we know and love have never had a vehicle we
despise or even just mildly dislike bear their name.  That is fine by me.
 A Corvair is a Corvair, no need to say that it's an air cooled Corvair, or
that it's a 60's Corvair, or a rear engine Corvair.

If it's a Corvair, I love it.  One word (name really) is all I need to say
and I like it that way.  Yeah, yeah, some of us find it necessary to single
out EM's or LM's (or perhaps even FC's) as the ones we love, but I've never
heard anyone complain that any vehicle bearing the Corvair name shouldn't
have.  Before anyone points out the "Corvair" fastback Corvette concept
car.. well it was a concept car, and a good looking one at that.  It's no
Corvair, but having it share the name isn't an embarrassment.  Having a
70's car share the name likely would be... just look at the Mustang II!
 THAT is an embarrassment to any self respecting Mustang lover.  We were
spared that indignity.

The Camaro was in many ways the third gen Corvair, but the name was
rightfully changed when the car took a completely different direction
(though not necessarily for that reason).  Also I would like to state that
I don't share the anti leaf-spring sentiment... though I do believe that
leaf springs should be transversely mounted =)

Ray R.
Certifiable Corvair Nut