<VV> Elec fuel pump

Joel McGregor joel at joelsplace.com
Sun Apr 7 11:57:50 EDT 2013

So true.  It's one of "those" topics.  This one really isn't an opinion though.  Some may have a preference for electric pumps but they don't solve any problems, they add wiring, they are a lot more trouble to install and they are noisy unless you install them in the tank.  I guess they do allow you to fill the carbs before you crank the engine if you've boiled all the gas out or it's been sitting long enough for it to evaporate.  If you're working around that why not go all the way and install fuel injection?  It solves even more problems...
Funny thing - the only Corvair I have vapor lock issues with is one that has an electric pump.
Joel McGregor