<VV> gasoline smell through heater

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Sun Apr 7 16:40:31 EDT 2013

On Apr 7, 2013, at 11:00 AM, jeandelucca at aol.com wrote:

> hi folks, i am getting a fairly strong gasoline smell through the heater of my
63 monza. this occurs usually on initial startup, the smell disappears after the
car warms up and is driven a bit. i see nothing wet or dripping anywhere from
fuel lines to pump to carbs, nothing dripping under car either. i am using stock
pump. wondering if anyone has ideas or solutions. this has been a recent
occurence (past couple of months) thanks, jim

Funny so many do not understand   our cars / engines...

  Our heaters are supplied with Engine cooling air....

So.......

  It has to be an external fuel leak.. or a flooding  carb....

 Time to take a close look Jim....

Damp lines  can cause smells... weeping fuelpump, etc..  look for gas staining.

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon
http://tinyurl.com/The-Corvair-Patio

http://tinyurl.com/Matts-Tech-Pages