<VV> Engine Question

Bill H. gojoe283 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 11 13:09:43 EDT 2013

                                                                              B"H

HI all, hope everyone's well.  I have a question on oil pressure and engine internals.  Would an oil pressure gauge indicate whether there is excessive pressure in the crankcase?

I've noticed smoke coming from my PCV pipe (that is connected to the bottom of the air cleaner on my '66 110), especially when the engine's warmed up.

This morning after driving the car to work, it started leaking oil BADLY underneath the rear of the car, I probably lost a cupful or sot.  After the car sat for a couple of hours, the leak stopped and I noticed I was only down about 1/2 quart.

PCV orifice is open and clean.  I really hope I don't have internal engine problems, I just got the car back from the body shop, she was hit badly on the left rear quarter and sustained over $4,000 of damage (which included a new clearcoat paint job).  I can't afford more major repairs!

Thanks guys...Bill Hershkowitz 66 Monza Sport Sedan 110 PG A/C