<VV> LARGE stash of Corvair stuff Rochester NY

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Fri Apr 12 16:22:04 EDT 2013

I got some sad  news today,,,Tom Zimmerman,,,a long time ACORN  / CORSA
guy, has  recently
been diagnosed  with a massive brain tumor and has been given about 4
months to  live..
The follow on  news is that Tom is a bit of a hoarder,,,,that is of
Corvair  power  plants!!!
NOT  exaggerating,,,he has probably over a hundred motors qu ed  up
inside his mom's  old home here in Rochester…..possibly some number of
diffs and  trannys,,,but mostly motors….also a bunch of harnesses I  recall…

and who knows  all else,,,as I have personally only seen a couple rooms in
the  house!!!
This is just  breaking news to me,,,but I understand Tom Zimmerman put a
note on some Corvair
media site that  his stuff was for sale…..so I do not know what type of
response he has  received
from that  effort…But the close by CORSA clubs would be his personal
preference to get the  stuff…
His son is back  in the area, fortunately, after being away for awhile…so
he can/will  be
very helpful in  clearing his dad's stash…..he might want to keep a couple
for  himself..
but I would  expect they will want to clear, and then restore,  and sell
the mom's house  before the
snow fly's in  fall 2013…??????
…I can not  imagine that Tom and his son will be asking out of bounds
numbers for the  stuff as they really need to get the stash cleared….
Please  Contact  Dave Ellis for further details   _ewe at rochester.rr.com_
(mailto:ewe at rochester.rr.com)
I am only the  messenger! This is a house and garage FULL.
Regards, Tim  Colson