<VV> PVC Blockage? -- PCV !!

Joel McGregor joel at joelsplace.com
Sat Apr 13 11:46:28 EDT 2013

Unless the engine is perfectly sealed (impossible) the PCV system does work.  Not the same as a system with a vent but it works.  To ventilate something doesn't require you to have a fresh air source or even a source at all if you want to pull a vacuum.
I can't remember what car it was but some race team in the past used a roots supercharger type pump to pull a vacuum on the crankcase.  It improved ring seal and I suppose to some extent air friction on internal parts.
Joel McGregor