<VV> Broken Clutch cable history

kevin nash wrokit at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 13 14:01:14 EDT 2013

> Message: 4
> Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2013 13:22:09 +0000
> From: Joel McGregor <joel at joelsplace.com>
> Subject: Re: <VV> Broken Clutch cable history
> To: "virtualvairs at corvair.org" <virtualvairs at corvair.org>
>
> Maybe we can get a vendor to use finer strands in their next run of cables???  How do the NOS cables fit into the chart you have?
> Joel McGregor

 Joel- After I broke the repro cable, and determined that the strand count wasn't right, I remember trying very hard to locate the right cable, and wasn't successful- even aircraft control cable has a coarser stranding than the NOS cables. I remember trying to check the strand count for the NOS cable vs the chart, and it was indeed close to being right, but don't remember exactly what I found- this was over ten years ago, and all I wanted to do was find a permanent fix for my situation at the time, so I didn't bother writing anything down. Once I get that broken cable out, and get the new hyd. system in, I'm going to look into that cable stranding vs radius  matter again. The supply of NOS cables is not going up anytime soon, and there ought to be a better solution besides too frequent cable replacement or modify for hydraulic.Kevin Nash