<VV> PVC vs ABS no Corvair, that I can think of

corvairduval at cox.net corvairduval at cox.net
Mon Apr 15 17:29:15 EDT 2013

ABS vs PVC for drains is a very regional thing.

Here in VA the home improvement stores are full of PVC schedule 40 drain
pipe and fittings. The drain pipe is foam core, lighter and less pressure
rating than high pressure schedule 40 for water service. There is a
smattering of ABS parts, I guess to help those who moved from out of the
area!

To those on the west coat who say "but ABS is cheaper than PVC for drains"
I say, no, not here, economy of scale works both ways. Since PVC is more
common, it is cheaper than ABS here.

If drain pipe was supposed to be black, we would use cast iron! ggg

I do have the verticle runs in my house piped in cast iron, no-hub type.
Lots quieter than either plastic type.

Frank DuVal