<VV> shimming the pivot ball

J R Read hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Fri Apr 19 00:37:30 EDT 2013

You are likely hearing a pilot bushing when releasing the clutch pedal - if
that is the only time that you hear it.  Not uncommon to hear when the car
is cold and/or the first time you use the clutch.

Generally, it can be more or less ignored until such time as you need to
have the engine or drivetrain out for some other reason.  This is assuming
that you only hear it "sometimes" (like only in reverse or only in first and
not every time) and it is not "overly" obnoxious.

If you get it on every start from a stop and it seems to be getting louder
as time goes by - maybe you want to take some action.  One thing to try is a
modification of your clutch release technique VS skinny pedal pressure.  Of
course, another is to take things apart and see what is going on.

This could lead to the bread or grease thread.  Before it does, I'll say -
either works fine.

Later, JR

CCE CORSA CORVANANTICS SCG member
'61 Rampside Standard 4/110