<VV> 4 door convertible

Gary Swiatowy gswiatowy at rochester.rr.com
Fri Apr 19 04:32:33 EDT 2013

I actually stopped and looked at the Craig's List 4-door convertible as it
happens to be located near where I work in Batavia.
That and the fact over 20 people that know me had contacted me by phone, in
person, via e-mail, or FB contact to tell me about it.

If you wanted something "custom", it wasn't done as badly as I expected.
Yes, the plaid upholstery is ugly, but that is easily removed. It is not all
the upholstery, just around the rear deck and the console.
A few things that struck me as odd was the relocation of the fuel filler to
the top of the fender, but only a gas cap. I could see that with for
instance a fuel filler door like on a 68 Charger, maybe they didn't get that
far?

Car was locked, but I could see a speedometer under neath the custom dash
face, but it was not a Corvair version.

Myself, if I was interested, I would insist on a test drive to make ssure it
did not shake, creak of flex.

Gary Swiatowy

From: corsaconvertible <corsaconvertible at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: <VV> 4 door convertible

A little late in commenting, but definitely two different 4 door Corvair
convertibles.

The one Matt provided links to - much nicer looking to my taste
[image: Inline image 1] [image: Inline image 2]

and the one on Craigslist in the Buffalo area that had many
negative comments
[image: Inline image 3] [image: Inline image 4] [image: Inline image 5]
[image:
Inline image 6]

Tony Hansen