<VV> Dual Master Brake Cylinder Questions

Bob Gilbert bgilbert at gilberts-bc.ca
Sun Apr 21 13:28:13 EDT 2013

Hi,

I'm helping a friend get his 67 Monza on the road. A PO replaced the stock
master cylinder with a dual setup. I don't know anything about the setup
other than that and I've never had a Corvair with a dual master cylinder
installed. All of the brakes work but I noticed that when doing the
hard-harder brake test that the rear brakes lock up and the fronts don't. It
doesn't feel right at all but I was wondering if that is a "feature" of the
dual set up?

Also the brake pedal feels very hard and there is almost no movement before
the brakes engage. Again, is that a "feature" of this type of setup?

Thanks,

Bob