<VV> Another PG Question

Bob Gilbert bgilbert at gilberts-bc.ca
Sun Apr 21 22:59:16 EDT 2013

Hi,

While test driving my friends 67 PG today I noticed from a cloud of smoke
(whitish in colour) coming out of the exhaust, typically on acceleration. I
checked the manual and it mentioned that this could be transmission fluid
resulting from a ruptured diaphragm in the vacuum modulator. Interestingly
enough the PO said it was "losing" transmission fluid but while it's been in
my garage I haven't see any on the floor or around the engine.

If it's a ruptured valve what would the other symptoms be?

Thanks from a PG "newbie"

Bob