<VV> Another PG Question

jay m jaysplace at laserpubs.com
Mon Apr 22 02:05:59 EDT 2013

On 4/21/2013 8:38 PM, Bob Gilbert wrote:
> Hi Matt,
>
> I'm now thinking that the mysterious leak and the smoke suggest a problem
> with the vacuum modulator but I'm still curious as to how else this would
> show up in the driving of the car, specifically the shifting?
>
> Regards,
> Bob

When a modulator starts to leak, the symptoms are smoke and disappearing
atf.
A modulator can also affect shifting (too hard, too soft) but that
doesn't necessarily happen when it leaks.

There was a recent discussion (vv or fastvair, I forget) regarding
modulators and shifting behavior.
My summary would be: if it shifts ok now, it should also shift ok after
swapping the modulator.
If it shifts differently, either the new one is bad, or it's adjustable
and the initial setting is off.

cheers
Jay

--