<VV> cables - throttle, in this case

jay m jaysplace at laserpubs.com
Mon Apr 22 02:19:16 EDT 2013

Funny, after all the discussion of clutch cables.
Mine is automatic, but when I converted I used a cable for the throttle.
It was just some stranded steel cable of no particular heritage, and it
finally failed today.

The smallest stranded cable at Home Depot is substantially larger, but
the individual strands might be smaller than the old one.
So, for about $3.50 it has a new cable, and I'll see how long this one goes.

- the other was in service for 3 1/2 years, and had shown distress and
fraying for probably six months.
  I hadn't quite gotten a round tuit yet.
( re-routed cable through access door and tied it together, easy limp
home at normal speeds )

--
Jay