<VV> Single Carburetor

Joel McGregor joel at joelsplace.com
Mon Apr 22 15:10:21 EDT 2013

What do you mean by vacuum retard?  If you mean higher vacuum produces less advance then you have something really weird going on.  If you mean that when you take off the advance falls off then that is exactly what a vacuum advance does.  At maximum vacuum it has maximum advance.  At lower vacuum it has less advance.  Ported vacuum won't come in until the port is uncovered but if there is enough throttle opening to lower the manifold vacuum you won't get a lot of advance.  The most you'll get is when the port is just uncovered with no load.  As you add load the advance falls off to nothing at maximum load.

Joel McGregor