<VV> Single Carburetor-reply

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Mon Apr 22 15:49:43 EDT 2013

The problem is when I watch the vacuum advance when I blip the engine
from idle it dips before it goes up, after that the advance is
normal.  I have set the timing by making sure it does not go above 32
degrees BTDC at high rpm.  I need to get rid of the "dip".  The
engine sometimes stumbles when it dips and may even pop back through
the carburetor. The vacuum is connected to the vacuum tube already on
the carb, not from the manifold.  Would manifold vacuum work better?
JI

 No Jon....  The carb you have should have a "ported Vacuum port"  as all the GM's used it...

You are connected to a 100%  open port... used for something else....  look at the carb...
 or just disconnect and plug!   The Distributor's Mechanical advance  will work fine...

What is the model number of the distributor?

>From my Tech Pages

http://autoxer.skiblack.com/nallm/disdata.jpg

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon