<VV> Needed: NOS Drivers side rear 1/4 panel for a late modelcoupe or co...

hank kaczmarek kaczmarek at charter.net
Mon Apr 22 22:29:38 EDT 2013

The problem is obvious.
On all Corvair  cars except the 60 model, the battery is on the drivers side
of the vehicle. It's also on the drivers side in the FC's.
The venting of those old "Tar Top" Batteries allowed excess electrolyte/acid
to drip down onto the bottom of the quarter.
This area is a problem on virtually every Corvair car, as well as on my 64
Corvan.  There was not battery box left on the Van.
The Eastern "Ultra Monza" needed a patch panel, We had to fabricate a new
battery tray as well as the whole bottom of the drivers quarter on the van.
My 62 Rampy's L rear quarter is OK, but the battery tray fell into the
quarter from corrosion.

I've been wrong before.  But I would find it HIGHLY unlikely that anyone has
a NOS rear quarter for a car that has been out of production for 44 years.
Any body shop worth its salt, or anyone with better than average welding
skills can install a patch panel and it will appear as new to all but the
most experienced eye.

If anyone actually does have one, that would be one HIGH DOLLAR piece.

Hank