<VV> Single Carburetor

Shelrockbored at aol.com Shelrockbored at aol.com
Tue Apr 23 13:27:22 EDT 2013

This was my point when I said that there will be many challenges.  I  am
not a carburetor expert so if you have gotten it to work on other automobiles
and feel that it can be done on a Corvair, that's great.  As has been
bourne out in this thread though it is not a simple bolt up and  adjustment.
For a single carburetor (2 barrel or 4 barrel - 2 barrel is  rare)  to work on
a Corvair one must find a way to apply heat to it.   This is a MUST in all
cases and as I've learned from this thread, have found out  why and how it
is done on an in-line engine.

If I were going to effect this installation in a Corvair (I have no plans
to do so), I would use the modified intake manifold (as described by below
by Mike) and duct hot oil to it to keep it warm.

Hope it works out for you.  Good Luck.

Steve Sassi

In a message dated 4/23/2013 12:29:13 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,