<VV> "smog engines" with A/C

Thompson, Ed ed.thompson at quarles.com
Sat Apr 27 18:52:02 EDT 2013

My LA-built '66 Monza sedan, no A/C, sold new by Swaney Chevrolet in Corona CA in November of 1965, still has its functioning A.I.R. w/ second fan belt.  '67 Vairs (all built at Willow Run, Van Nuys having produced its last Vair in March of 1966) w/ factory A/C (only available w/ 95 or 110 motor), built for delivery to California dealers, came w/ three fan belts, I've personally seen just two or three of 'em over the years.  '66 LA-built cars with A/C had an A.I.R exemption.  With just under 1,400 factory A/C cars built in the entire '67 model year, and perhaps let's say a max of 20% of those headed to California dealers, it would seem there are very few, factory built, 3-belt Vairs still around.

Mark Corbin, or other A/C experts (that does not include me) who may be following VV, please comment or correct.

Ed
Milwaukee

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This electronic mail transmission and any attachments are confidential and may be privileged. They should be read or retained only by the intended recipient. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the transmission from your system. In addition, in order to comply with Treasury Circular 230, we are required to inform you that unless we have specifically stated to the contrary in writing, any advice we provide in this email or any attachment concerning federal tax issues or submissions is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, to avoid federal tax penalties.