<VV> smog pump cars, build verification

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Mon Apr 29 20:56:28 EDT 2013

Just a further note - The 1969 Chevy parts book, on page 7, states the 66
engine codes as "Special High Performance " (140) with Air Cond as RZ and
"Special High Performance with A.I.R. as RQ - So a car built for California
with  the Air Injection Reactor should have an RQ Engine suffix. I just
confirmed it  in Tony Fiore's book, The Corvair Decade. It was updated in 1980 by
Bob Helt.  The RT Suffix is listed as AIR (meaning Smog equipment) in the
parts book. BUT  - Tony says an RT is a Corsa only 140 with A.I.R. - So
either an RQ or an  RT is correct for your car, it seems, and if so designated,
it originally came  with a smog pump and the other California items. The RQ
might have been a Monza  or 500. - Seth Emerson

In a message dated 4/29/2013 4:53:37 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,