<VV> Low oil pressure

Mark Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Mon Aug 5 12:40:04 EDT 2013

Bryan, do try installing a heavy duty relief spring to see if the old
one is weak, or like suggested, stretch it or add two washers in the
cap. if that makes a difference, you are good to go. If not, clearances
are such that you need the heavier viscosity oil.
In my aviation experience, I used to see high performance hotter
running piston engines up to 375 hp with oil pressure in the 10 to 15
psi area when hot at idle, so I am not concerned with that, but would
like to see the above idle pressure at least 30. If you cannot get
that, I would not rule out worn out rod bearings, something you can
change for not much money by taking off the top cover. Main bearings
are usually good for double the life of rods, so I do not expect that
to be a problem.
keep us posted on your findings!
Sent from my Windows Phone