<VV> Low OIl Pressure (at idle) Not Cured by More Spring

Joel McGregor joel at joelsplace.com
Tue Aug 6 18:00:32 EDT 2013

If the spring is ok then more spring pressure will only change the peak oil pressure not idle --- BUT  --- if the spring is sacked and not keeping the valve closed you can have the exact symptoms he describes and they can be cured by either a good spring or stretching the old one.  I've had it happen on a '63 once.  I stretched the spring and put a bb spacer in there and it brought the pressure up at all RPMs (that the engine would run at).  It was an otherwise healthy engine.
Joel McGregor