<VV> Old/New Alternator Mounts

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Fri Aug 9 11:17:09 EDT 2013

Hi Guys,
Concerning the one wire vs. the three wire alternator hookups,  some may
not know about the voltage control aspects of the 3-wire. Yes, it is
mentioned in the reference that Seth cited. But do you really understand its
advantages?

Electrical things, like lights and motors like to have their  design
voltages supplied to them. If they don't get the proper voltage, then  they don't
work so well. Lower voltage to the headlights means DIM lights. That  is not
the best situation, wouldn't you agree? So now you are aware of the other
big difference between the two types of alternators. The 3-wire has a
voltage  control circuit that maintains the proper voltage to all electrical
devices. The  1-wire setup doesn't. Thus the voltage to electrical devices with a
1-wire can  and do vary to lower their outputs. Dim light and slower blower
speeds  result.  GM thought it important to have the 3-wire setup.

Regards,
Bob Helt

In a message dated 8/8/2013 8:05:47 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,