<VV> Old/ New alternator mounts

Smitty vairologist at cox.net
Fri Aug 9 11:17:34 EDT 2013

   I want to put a single wire alternator on this FC engine that I have. I
have 2 different styles of mounts in my parts stock. How do I tell the
difference between the old generator mount and the later alternator mount?
Thanks.
Gary Berry in Prosser, WA
Smitty Says;  Gary even though their advice may be well taken the folks on
VV are not capable of answering a simple question.  The Early mount for the
generator has a rather delicate looking pad where the two bolts go.  The
late mount pad is a bit more massive in appearance.  It will be easy to see
the difference with them side by side.