<VV> alternator ground wire?

shortle shortle556 at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 11 23:45:19 EDT 2013

My 1988 Volvo 240 Wagon alternator is mounted with rubber bushings which means the alternator does not touch metal. Therefore there is a separate ground cable for it. The Corvair alternator mounts to metal meaning there is no need for a separate ground wire for the alternator. But make sure ALL grounds are good and even more than is needed. The original bean counters could never think that way but for a few extra bucks I want less troubles.
Timothy Shortle  in Durango Colorado 81301