<VV> UltraVan 338

wfcc at mediacombb.net wfcc at mediacombb.net
Mon Aug 12 23:31:59 EDT 2013

We don't really use 338 much any more and I hate to see it just sit there, I do take it out about once a week and drive it around the block. There was a note on the UV list about someone looking for one in the Northwest and I answered it half in jest. I have received several E-mails since then about it so I thought I would send this out:

 #338: purchased from Ken Wildman in 2007 , drove from Ada, Ohio to Pensacola,  Florida- Not entirely without incident, but nothing serious.
 We have made several trips to south Florida, Jacksonville, Fla. and Biloxi , Miss. Our last long trip was to Hilton Head, S.C. for the Hilton Head Invitational (where we won a Palmetto Award). We go weekend camping occaisionally. Whenever we take it to a car show there is usually a line of people wanting to look at it.
I have been Tinkering and "improving" on it since I got it and it is a pretty useable and reliable coach now. It is a 47 year old class A motorhome that  (As far as I know)  has been on the road all that time.
 Here is a list of some of the things that I can think of...Not in any particular order..

 Mustang II rack and pinion steering-Awful turning radius , but good driving feel. Have Dodge Steering Rack from Norm Standal-Haven't gotten around to putting it in yet
Buick tilt/ locking steering column
4 way flashers
dual brake master cylinder
replaced most steel brake lines/hoses
relocated E-brake handle
Swivel/reclining Captains chair seats
Spyder dash
AM/FM/CD/8 Track radio
2.8 Onan Generator
13000 BTU Coleman rooftop Air/Heat
Catalytic propane heater
Removed Original oven-installed Microwave Oven
New lined "Peace sign" curtains throughout
New windshields and gaskets
Replaced all Plexiglas windows
Polished  aluminium window frames
Removed Leaking water heater (planned on installing point of use heater-didn't do it)
installed two under counter TV/Radios
Replaced/painted 3/4 " plywood in rear
Replaced all exterior marker lights with LED lights
Installed '59 Buick taillight lenses and LED taillights
replaced tag light
Polished Aluminium wheels
Replaced Engine /Trans/Diff with known good resealed low mileage units(sub 20,000 mi) -according to Ken-Runs real nice.
Installed "Stinger" exhaust-Sounds/looks good
LED belt loss warning light on dash-can't miss it !
replaced radio speakers with BOSE speakers
Mounted '60 Corvair grille bar on wall
Blade dump valves on gray/black water tanks
installed two new batteries ($300)
Halogen headlights
Electric Fuel Pump (Cheap Chinese Crap) about all you can get now.
Fresh Mobil 1 Oil Change
has Transmission cooler
Built in battery charger
Stainless steel fresh water tank
New "Wolf" Carburettors
Coach has flush mounted windows and door hinges
Ryerson Manuals
Extras.....Lots of Extras...............

And now the Negatives........

Crack in Windshield-But it is a new shiny crack.. in a $1500 windshield
Switch in Refrigerator bad-Worked fine until the next time I tried it-wouldn"t turn.
Onan Generator won't shut down from inside switch-got a good idea what the problem is, just haven't got "Roundtoit"
Propane tank out of date-By about 30 years..
Tires are over 7 years old- still look/ride good
Needs new Porta -Potty-PO removed Flush Toilet
Bathroom could use a ReDo.
Speedo reading off-I use GPS instead
Fuel Guage  reading Questionable
Trans linkage needs adjustment..Shift points off.
Paint job is 10+ years old ....Still a good 20 footer

If you want to know what it looks like-Go to the home page...
New pictures will be available if I ever get this &*%^&$ computer to work right.

Forgot to mention .... #407 could be included in on the deal....

                         $9999.00
We Don't need to sell it,  but like I said, we just don't use it any more................