<VV> Timing specs

shortle shortle556 at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 18 22:20:05 EDT 2013

I think Seth pretty well explained it but here is my take. I advance my timing as far as I can until it pings and then I back it up a bit. On my trip last month to Kalamazoo, I had to slightly move the distributor a few times depending on the quality (octane maybe) of the gas I was buying. It seems the gas in Iowa wanted to ping more than the gas in Illinois. I don't remember Nebraskas gas. I am running a 1965 110HP engine with the 319 dist.
Timothy Shortle in Durango Colorado 81301