<VV> MULTI-CLUB CORVAIR ROAD TRIP TO THE CLARK'S FALL CLASSIC CAR SHOW.

Allan V. Lacki redbat01 at verizon.net
Fri Aug 30 09:55:28 EDT 2013

MULTI-CLUB CORVAIR ROAD TRIP TO THE CLARK'S FALL CLASSIC CAR SHOW.
Friday, September 13, 2013!

Calling All Corvairs in the Great Northeast!

How long has it been since you've been on a good old-fashioned road trip with your friends? It's probably been a while, so it must be time for one. How about a multi-club road trip to the Clark's Fall Classic Car Show this coming September? This is a great show hosted every two years by Bay State Corvairs of Massachusetts. Here are links to two flyers with information and a registration form for the show.

http://www.corvair.org/chapters/necc/brochures/Clarks_Fall_Show_1.pdf
http://www.corvair.org/chapters/necc/brochures/Clarks_Fall_Show_2.pdf

The Bay State folks have arranged for a special discounted rate of $75 a night at the Red Roof Inn in South Deerfield, Massachusetts. This rate is good for the nights of the 13th and 14 September. You also can spring for four dollars more and get what's called a deluxe room. It's a nice clean motel and you should be very happy with the rooms there. For you early birds, the phone number is 800-874-9000. Be sure to mention Bay State Corvairs. You can cancel without penalty until September 1st. Other hotels are available, too.

Now, for the Road Trip Part. We are setting up a caravan that will have a couple of meeting places for Corvair owners coming from Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York and Connecticut. The plan is for anyone coming from any of the Pennsylvania Corvair clubs to meet folks from the New Jersey Association of Corvair Enthusiasts, and drive up together to Clark's on the day before the show.

Here is the Plan for the Road Trip.

This is the plan for our road trip to Clarks on Friday, September 13:   The first meeting place will be the I84 Diner just off Exit 12 from Interstate 84 in Beacon, NY. The full address is 853 Route 52 Fishkill, NY 12524. Arrival time is set for 10:00 AM. This is the meeting spot for anyone coming from Pennsylvania, to meet the NJACE folks. Naturally, anyone else is welcome to join the caravan there.

Leaving at 10:30 AM, we continue on our way to the next stop which is the Connecticut Welcome Center on Interstate 84 just after leaving New York State. Arrival is set for 11:30. Depart from the Welcome Center is at 12:00 PM.

Next is our lunchtime stop in Southington, Connecticut. We'll have the location of the lunch stop soon. The Long Island guys can either join up with the Pennsylvania and New Jersey folks or met us for lunch which by the way is being paid for by NECC. Connecticut Corvair guys will most likely join us at the lunch spot. After feasting on pizza, soda, and whatever else we can come up with, we'll continue as a group to the Red Roof Inn.

Let Us Know!

So, now please let me know if you are coming. Send me the spot you will be joining the caravan and you cell phone number. You can either e-mail me at 'bmoneill at juno.com' or call me at 973-729-5586. If you are not sure if you can make it, please let me know. If you have to cancel, it's OK.

Contacting me in advance isn't absolutely necessary if you decide at the last minute you can join us. We'll adjust.

Knowing that there is safety in numbers and believing in Murphy's Law, we'll have an empty trailer and a tow vehicle with us, and a whole bunch of spare parts. Naturally, we'll have the necessary tools to do the typical roadside breakdown fix. Bring a spare fan belt and anything else you think you'll need for a roadside repair. So , get that Corvair in shape because this is a Corvair road trip after all, although modern cars are welcome if that's all you have roadworthy..

Brian O'Neill
NECC Prez