<VV> Pertonix II Question

Danny Davis dannydavis at clearwire.net
Sat Aug 31 21:43:08 EDT 2013

You shouldn't do that with a conventional points ignition either.  it's
hard on the coil and the dist. cap as well. (creates carbon tracks).  The
coil needs to have the high voltage snap to ground, and not try to find a
path inside the dist. cap. On the electronic points replacement, it may
"ZAP" the circuit.
 It's just too easy to resist, I know, but you should ground each lead as
Matt is suggesting.  Just pull the bell cap away from the tower and then
ground each lead to kill that cylinder's fire.

Dan

--
Danny Davis
Seattle