<VV> engine removal / install tips

corvairduval at cox.net corvairduval at cox.net
Thu Dec 5 11:19:37 EST 2013

PG is a piece of cake to remove engine only. No long input shaft to pull
out with the engine and snap the diff snout.

OK, just kidding. Yes, it goes very well if the torque converter pulls
loose of the crankshaft. If not, just like the manual shift, there is a
long input shaft that can stick in the torque converter and follow the
engine out of the car. BTDT. Same problem if the engine is stuck, you can
not turn it to remove the three bolts holding the converter to the flex
plate.

Frank DuVal

Original email: