<VV> Dreaded snout crack

Larry Forman larry at forman.net
Sat Dec 7 18:28:42 EST 2013

Clark,
If you are referring to the huge split washer, it does a lot more than
that.   I have seen those split washers very wallowed out on the inside
and that must certainly have occurred by the transmission shaft whipping
around under engine torque.   Best to either get a new one or compare a
used one to a new one to ensure the split washer ID is not excessive.

Larry Forman