<VV> has anyone successfully run a turbo against a powerglide?

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Fri Dec 13 21:51:13 EST 2013

My next "crazy" question is has anyone successfully run a turbo against a
powerglide?
Just dreaming way ahead ..I have parts and Ideas for the crampside rat  rod.
Regards, Tim Colson

Sure several have!

1  Billy Bruce has campaigned a Turbo PG  early for 20 years...  12 second car

2  David clemen  build a streetable   20 lb. boost PG  LM  and raced it regularly!

3  Tom Keosababian  built one for his wife back in the 60's...EM  pretty stock engine.... no wastegate!  For getting on the freeways quickly!

 Just to name a few....   the problem comes when the Low to Drive shift happens.... overboost!  Control that and you have a winner!

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon
http://tinyurl.com/The-Corvair-Patio

http://tinyurl.com/Matts-Tech-Pages