<VV> 63 Spyder, ebay

Smitty vairologist at cox.net
Sun Dec 15 23:33:13 EST 2013

Smitty Says;   Right On Seth.  I too have never bought a car with the intension of selling it.   I have owned dozens of basket case Corvairs and every one of them left me in better condition than when I bought it.  Looking back I have not the faintest clue why.  I lost money on almost all of them, but at the same time, Once fixed, I drove them very cheaply for years.  Maybe that was the reason.  Buy them for a little bit of nothing, repair them as needed, and then pour gas and oil in them till Someone came along that loved them more than I.  I bought a 62 coupe for $1 one time and sold it 2 years later for what I had invested in it.  Right at $2,000 if I remember correctly.  Bought a Rampy once that cost me $2,500 between the bumpers on the bottom before I could even drive it out of the garage.  On top of that I replaced huge sections of frame and other body work that I didn’t include in my expense.  My wife drove it for 3 years and we sold it for $3,000.  I have had my Spyder since 69.  I could sell it for $20,000 and lose $10,000 on it tomorrow.
It’s just never been about the money.  I have always enjoyed the challenge, and the pleasure of driving a sweet running, good looking, unique American iconic automobile.